Happy National ‘Stay Out Of The Sun’ Day!
As Irish people we get very excited about sunshine, it’s a rarity to have such great weather and lovely heat.
But before we get too excited we need to be reminded of the dangers of the sun and being in it without protection.
We highly recommend covering up as much as possible and wear high SPF anywhere that your skin is exposed to the Sun.
A sun hat is also extremely important to protect your scalp from the hot rays. So before you go running out to the beach or sunbathing in your garden, here a few things you should be aware of…
Drink lots of water!
The sun and heat can make you very dehydrated. Keep sipping that water throughout the day,especially if you are in it for the day.
- Follow the guideline of “one ounce, enough to fill a shot glass”, when it comes to how much sunscreen you should use.
- Apply the sunscreen to dry skin 15 minutes BEFORE going outdoors.
- Re-apply sunscreen approximately every two hours or after swimming or sweating heavily according to the directions on the bottle.
- Wearing a wide-brimmed sunhat that covers and protects your face and shoulders.
- Wearing long cover ups that are light enough to keep you cool in the heat, but long enough to cover arms and legs.
Hide in the shade
Step into the shade as much as possible to avoid getting sun burnt.
If you have any advice for us when it comes to protecting yourself from the Sun, leave us a comment on our Facebook page.
You can also sign up to our monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with the latest fashion news, reviews and store events at Mullaney Brothers.